Thursday, November 27, 2014

Tummy Baby

Will, your sense of humor is awesome and we absolutely love it.  The other day all three of us were in the bathroom brushing our teeth and when I was finished I was showing you your baby sister in my tummy.  The conversation went as follows...

Looking at mommy, "My baby sister is in your tummy?"

"Yes, buddy," I replied.

Still looking at your mommy, "Does daddy have a baby sister in his tummy too?"

With a small laugh I respond, "No, daddy doesn't have a baby in his tummy.  Just mommy."

Your glance then shifts to daddy in all seriousness, "Daddy, let me see.  Lift up your shirt.  Do you have a baby sister in your tummy too?"

Daddy lifts up his shirt and says, "No, I don't have a baby sister in my tummy.  Only mommy does."

You respond, still looking at daddy's tummy, "Well...you have a little bit of a baby in your tummy."

Your daddy and I burst out into laughter as you don't even realize the humor you just shared.  Then you do your fake laugh and say, "I'm funny." 

Why yes, yes you are Will.  You are quite the funny, little guy.  Mommy and daddy appreciate your sense of humor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment