Monday, January 16, 2012

30 Weeks and 5 Days

Good morning lil' Herm.  


It's been a couple of weeks, but there really hasn't been any new news to share.  I'm through with the bronchitis and rattling your living space from the horrendous coughing, but I do believe I have either cracked or dislocated a rib.  It's uncomfortable, but manageable.  It's beginning to be a little more difficult to sleep at night as my hips really hurt, I can only lay on one side (due to pain in the ribs), and the constant getting-up-to-pee is only preparing me for when I will soon be waking up and caring for you throughout the night.  To be holding you in my arms and rocking you back to sleep is only a few short weeks away and something I am so looking forward to. 


Daddy and I went into the doctor today and everything looks fantastic.  I do not have gestational diabetes, which I have been a little worried about beings that my severe sweet tooth has returned.  My blood pressure is phenomenal 108/60, there are no traces of protein in my urine, I am not anemic, my weight is right on track, your heat beat was around 160 and you are continuing to grow just perfectly.  What a relief it is to hear consistent great news from the doctor.  


Nursery Update:
Your room is almost ready with a few remainder touch ups to be made to the wainscoting, your closet and additional little purchases.  I found a rug at IKEA that I like and I need to go pick it up...big surprise, it's Vandal colors (black with silver and gold circles).  


Name Update:
We think we have a name for you and this week your Daddy and I are doing our best to refer to you using this name and not "Herm".  It's been a little difficult to break away from the "Herm".  I dreamt about this particular name and we both seem to like it.  It's very traditional and neither Irish nor Scottish, which is what we originally wanted.  Nonetheless, we'll test it out this week and see how it goes.  We continue to have a rotating top-5 list, but this name consistently comes around again and again.  


I continue to love your little movements, especially in the evenings just before I fall asleep.    Whenever I feel you move it's a little-extra-continued-reassurance that you are okay.  You seem to listen carefully to your daddy's voice and instantly calm down when he places his hand on my stomach.  The next few weeks are full of doctor appointments and a couple ultrasounds...it's been a while since we have been able to see you on the screen.  I'm very much looking forward to the next couple of weeks. 


Love you little one.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment